Holy Crap

A moderated message board to discuss Southern Miss Athletics, open to all Eaglepost members.

Moderator: baldeagle

Re: Holy Crap

Postby Sodmbmiss11 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:30 pm

Buckley is a cancer to this team.
Sodmbmiss11
Eagle
Eagle

Postby GREENVILLE EAGLE » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:30 pm

eaglfan81 wrote:
GREENVILLE EAGLE wrote:Well please inform us. What do you really think anyone can do but hope the staff gets the team turned around? Please ...details !!

Hope in one hand. Shit in the other. You know the rest...

correct! Maybe we see something unexpected Saturday.
My next door neighbor's two dogs have created more shovel ready jobs than Obama.

Live long and prosper.
GREENVILLE EAGLE
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Postby eaglfan81 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:31 pm

GREENVILLE EAGLE wrote:
eaglfan81 wrote:
GREENVILLE EAGLE wrote:Well please inform us. What do you really think anyone can do but hope the staff gets the team turned around? Please ...details !!

Hope in one hand. Shit in the other. You know the rest...

correct! Maybe we see something unexpected Saturday.

A hand full of shit?
eaglfan81
VIP Eagle
VIP Eagle

Postby HarborPointe » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:33 pm

GREENVILLE EAGLE wrote:Probably the best thing to do is to conitnue to trash EJ and his family on the board and on the coaches show. Probably should all wear white and boo him the rest of the year, since that will change the fact thay he was just given a new contract and there is no way in hell that enough money can be raised to fire him and then hire another coach. Or we could start acting like adults, give the coaching staff an opportunity to get things turned in the right direction, and give this staff the same benefit of the doubt that most everyone gave Fedora during his first year ...just an idea.

The first Fedora-coached game I saw, we throttled our opponent. The second one I saw in person, we lost, but stormed back from a deficit and had the ball with a chance to either tie or win in the final moments. I can't remember if it was a friend or me who said it, but the exact words said afterward were, "We got ourselves a coach. Now we just need some players." While Fedora did have that horrid losing streak during his first season, there were many signs he knew what he was doing even during it. One was that Auburn was the only team during that run who managed to outscore us in the second half of a game.

Thus far, the highlight of this season is not getting completely blown off the field by a bad ECU team. Playmakers haven't been given the ball. The defense has been literally pushed around. QB has been a complete disaster. The team's performance is very close to literally being worse each quarter. If Johnson is doing even a single thing effectively, it's hidden better than the lost city of Atlantis. Faith will be given when a reason for it to be appears.
"At least with hate there is still passion. Remember it’s a thin line between love and hate but once apathy sets in you’re f**ked." -The Eddie Kranepool Society

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." -Arthur Schopenhauer
HarborPointe
VIP Eagle
VIP Eagle

Postby Black Diamond Reb » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:36 pm

GREENVILLE EAGLE wrote:
What do you really think anyone can do but hope?

"Who is 78?"

"The Saucier dollar general has like a whole shelf of USM stuff."

"Our ad sales are aimed at a bunch of cattle in Wayne County."

"We are moving in the right direction."

"35-6 at the half isn't that lopsided"

"We made a few reporters lists as possible NIT teams"

"You geezers think I am just downright stupid. I am very knowledgeable."
Black Diamond Reb
VIP Eagle
VIP Eagle

Postby WorkingEagle » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:41 pm

What the hell did that guy vacationing in Gatlinburg have to say? About the only thing I got out of it was he may need some gas money from John Cox to get home.
WorkingEagle
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Postby BYXeagle » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
GREENVILLE EAGLE wrote:
What do you really think anyone can do but hope?

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Mark Twain

BYXeagle
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Postby rodneybabbage » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Seniors had a meeting with the AD. Complaints that were voiced:

1 Ellis is always negative.
2 Out of the 55 offensive plays ran during the WKU game they ran the same play 23 times.
3 During games when the other teams are working on their game plans they literally just sit there on the sidelines and do nothing. No adjustments, no whiteboard, nothing.
4 They want the strength coach gone.
5 People are skipping workouts.
6 They also stated that it's blatantly obvious that Ellis has no idea what he is doing.

Strong possibility of a 3-9 season.

EJ has no relationship with the team.

The feeling is that EJ is completely incompetent or he has given up. In my opinion, it sounds like he has given up from everything that I have heard.

The General took it like a man. Acted worried and concerned. Didn't say anything firm though.

Ever since the meeting Ellis has been acting weird (like he is under more pressure).

Personally, it's extremely frustrating to watch a coach that, in my opinion at least, just does not give a shit.

That's all I know for now.
Last edited by rodneybabbage on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
rodneybabbage
Hatchling
Hatchling

Postby usmman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:53 pm

WorkingEagle wrote:What the hell did that guy vacationing in Gatlinburg have to say? About the only thing I got out of it was he may need some gas money from John Cox to get home.

If I remember correctly, he poured on some compliments then slipped in something like we are not used to losing at USM.
I resent that allegation, AND the allegator. Kingfish
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. George Bernard Shaw
usmman
Soaring Eagle
Soaring Eagle

Postby usmman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:54 pm

rodneybabbage wrote:Seniors had a meeting with the AD. Complaints that were voiced:

2 Out of the 55 offensive plays ran during the WKU game they ran the same play 23 times.
3 During games when the other teams are working on their game plans they literally just sit there on the sidelines and do nothing. No adjustments, no whiteboard, nothing.
6 They also stated that it's blatantly obvious that Ellis has no idea what he is doing.

The General took it like a man. Acted worried and concerned. Didn't say anything firm though.

Ever since the meeting Ellis has been acting weird.

AA tore his ACL at WKU.

Wow, good information. Hope it does some good.
I resent that allegation, AND the allegator. Kingfish
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. George Bernard Shaw
usmman
Soaring Eagle
Soaring Eagle

Postby Black Diamond Reb » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:05 pm

usmman wrote:

Wow. Hope.

ImageImageImage
"Who is 78?"

"The Saucier dollar general has like a whole shelf of USM stuff."

"Our ad sales are aimed at a bunch of cattle in Wayne County."

"We are moving in the right direction."

"35-6 at the half isn't that lopsided"

"We made a few reporters lists as possible NIT teams"

"You geezers think I am just downright stupid. I am very knowledgeable."
Black Diamond Reb
VIP Eagle
VIP Eagle

Postby beagleagle23 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Anybody got a audio clip?
beagleagle23
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Postby JoeEagle » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Good for those seniors! Proud of them for speaking about it, Just telling it like it is. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in that conversation.
JoeEagle
Eagle
Eagle

Postby up2stuff » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:20 pm

GREENVILLE EAGLE wrote:Probably the best thing to do is to conitnue to trash EJ and his family on the board and on the coaches show. Probably should all wear white and boo him the rest of the year, since that will change the fact thay he was just given a new contract and there is no way in hell that enough money can be raised to fire him and then hire another coach. Or we could start acting like adults, give the coaching staff an opportunity to get things turned in the right direction, and give this staff the same benefit of the doubt that most everyone gave Fedora during his first year ...just an idea.

I do believe the family should be off limits - I don't like that.
Other than that - huge difference. Everything that came out of Fedora's mouth was positive and optimistic. He always made you believe things would get better, believe he and his staff could recruit against anyone, and that no one would work harder to make things better. And although the defense needed drastic improvement the offense was fun to watch. He used talent all over the field not just one player, and made some players look better and work harder because he got so many involved in the game plan. He always played to win, never played to "not lose". He never gave up, and his attitude transferred to the players.

This staff hardly ever says anything positive. They don't believe we should even be on the field with the big boys. Have no idea how to use the talent they have. How many times has Lamp even touched the ball? How many plays have the TE been involved in? About the only thing that you can compare that he does that Fedora did is that his attitude seems to be transferring to the players, because they seem to give up way before the game is over.

He needs to leave. Yesterday would not have been soon enough. 0-3 is bad enough, but it's the attitude I don't like, and you can't undo someone's attitude. At his age, he is what he is.
up2stuff
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Postby JoeEagle » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:23 pm

mlytc wrote:
sunshinemittens wrote:EJ - "Absolutely, Ricky will start, and Cole Weeks will be the backup."

So as not to burn Sloter's redshirt?

This makes no sense to me. What is he telling Sloter then if he doesn't believe in redshirting, but Weeks is the backup? Cole Weeks, are you kidding? 5'9" walk on transfer from a D2 school that he couldn't even play for - 5.0 40 yard dash if lucky. Gotta believe that Sloter was told they want to protect his redshirt. Weeks is not in the same class as Sloter.
JoeEagle
Eagle
Eagle

Postby TEagle » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:25 pm

rodneybabbage wrote:Seniors had a meeting with the AD. Complaints that were voiced:

The feeling is that EJ is completely incompetent or he has given up. In my opinion, it sounds like he has given up from everything that I have heard.

Ever since the meeting Ellis has been acting weird (like he is under more pressure).

AA tore his ACL at WKU.

Personally, it's extremely frustrating to watch a coach that, in my opinion at least, just does not give a shit.

We are in deep sh*t........immediate action has got to occur! He will ruin us
TEagle
Eagle
Eagle

Postby cyc46 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Now I remember why I foed Greenville. Dude wash the sand out of your vagina. Ellis Johnson signed up for this. If he can't handle little ole Southern MIss criticism how the hell did he ever cut it at USC-E. Ellis was hired to do a job, if he can't do it he needs to leave. As far as getting behind him, fuck that, at this point ELlis needs to do something more than have a pulse. He needs to be a leader, you know like most head football coaches are.
Higher admission standards would kill our enrollment.
cyc46
VIP Eagle
VIP Eagle

Postby dasaintfan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:30 pm

up2stuff wrote:I do believe the family should be off limits - I don't like that.
Other than that - huge difference.

Exactly up.. I've not gotten involved with the name calling of the family was involved, but I will call out/question EJ's coaching ability any chance I get, until he proves otherwise.

YIPES!!!

Yep, we pretty much guessed/saw that ourselves on TV and I'd assume those in the bleachers saw it as well.

If they said this to the AD , then props to the kids... The kids want to compete. Sure it's frustrating to the players every time the team loses, but when you lose and the coaches aren't even trying to make things better... I'm not surprised if some of the kids just say "screw this season.. and I want out as soon as it's done".
dasaintfan
Soaring Eagle
Soaring Eagle

Postby GREENVILLE EAGLE » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:10 pm

cyc46 wrote:Now I remember why I foed Greenville. Dude wash the sand out of your vagina. Ellis Johnson signed up for this. If he can't handle little ole Southern MIss criticism how the hell did he ever cut it at USC-E. Ellis was hired to do a job, if he can't do it he needs to leave. As far as getting behind him, fuck that, at this point ELlis needs to do something more than have a pulse. He needs to be a leader, you know like most head football coaches are.

Have you always been such a tool 46? Just curious.
My next door neighbor's two dogs have created more shovel ready jobs than Obama.

Live long and prosper.
GREENVILLE EAGLE
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Postby SouthernStyleSMTTT » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:15 pm

AA tore his ACL at WKU.

I heard the same thing today as well as:

1. Maples was texting on the sideline while the game was going on at WKU
2. Coaches are not organized and don't let the kids know when position meetings are
3. They asked for Coach Shelton Stevens to be their Strength Coach

I mean what else has to be said before something is done with this Football staff? :angry5:
SouthernStyleSMTTT
Eagle
Eagle

Postby SowasheeEagle » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:16 pm

AA tore his ACL at WKU.

3-9 might be a stretch
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke
SowasheeEagle
Soaring Eagle
Soaring Eagle

Postby USMBaseball#12 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:24 pm

USMBaseball#12
Soaring Eagle
Soaring Eagle

Postby killer_eagle » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:33 pm

SouthernStyleSMTTT wrote:

AA tore his ACL at WKU.

I heard the same thing today as well as:

1. Maples was texting on the sideline while the game was going on at WKU
2. Coaches are not organized and don't let the kids know when position meetings are
3. They asked for Coach Shelton Stevens to be their Strength Coach

I mean what else has to be said before something is done with this Football staff? :angry5:

Dear JH, here is 3 million dollars. Please fire EJ.

#BigDonor
killer_eagle
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Postby 2nd St. Eagle » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:44 pm

After going 0-5 after Boise St., we have Marshall, UAB and UTEP at home and UCF, SMU, Rice and Memphis on the road (I think at that point we basically alternate home and away, and those games are in no particular order).

With the team in its current state and assuming no substantial improvement, I can't imagine winning any of those games. MAYBE we win Memphis and Rice, but that's a stretch. At this point there's blood in the water and the sharks are circling- we're toast.

About the seniors meeting with Hammond- has that EVER happened before at this school??? Seems to me for the seniors to bow up like that and have a sit down WITH THE FREAKIN' AD, that took some serious brass only to have to walk out onto the practice field and look your coaches in the eye.
2nd St. Eagle
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Postby 99beers » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:45 pm

GREENVILLE EAGLE wrote:
cyc46 wrote:Now I remember why I foed Greenville. Dude wash the sand out of your vagina. Ellis Johnson signed up for this. If he can't handle little ole Southern MIss criticism how the hell did he ever cut it at USC-E. Ellis was hired to do a job, if he can't do it he needs to leave. As far as getting behind him, fuck that, at this point ELlis needs to do something more than have a pulse. He needs to be a leader, you know like most head football coaches are.

Have you always been such a tool 46? Just curious.

Keep in mind, the same dickhead GE road Fedora from day one.......he still can't get the bower nut lint out of his teeth. So now he's taking up for Eloss?? WTF?
ROLL TIDE!!!

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?" --Stephen Wright

"When I was the coach we played 14 SEC teams, and 16 of those on the road..." PWUnderwood
99beers
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Postby Mojo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Holy Shit!

This is simultaneously great and terrible news if true.
Last edited by Mojo on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Eaglepost is a pack of losers that think they are cute by being anti-USM. In reality they are just poor, pathetic losers that think they are really cool."

"BGN is for the sunshine pumpers. EP bashes everybody & everything. Both boards are loaded with morons."
Mojo
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Postby ProfessorEagle » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:56 pm

AA tore his ACL at WKU.

Add Ryan Hanks to the injury list. Separated shoulder. Not sure how long he will be out. In a sling and monitoring it for a week or so to see if surgery is needed.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
ProfessorEagle
VIP Eagle
VIP Eagle

Postby SouthernStyleSMTTT » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:59 pm

ProfessorEagle wrote:

AA tore his ACL at WKU.

Add Ryan Hanks to the injury list. Separated shoulder. Not sure how long he will be out. In a sling and monitoring it for a week or so to see if surgery is needed.

:drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:
SouthernStyleSMTTT
Eagle
Eagle

Postby Mojo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:01 pm

SouthernStyleSMTTT wrote:
ProfessorEagle wrote:

:drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:

Are you drinking to Ryan Hanks injury?
Last edited by Mojo on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Eaglepost is a pack of losers that think they are cute by being anti-USM. In reality they are just poor, pathetic losers that think they are really cool."

"BGN is for the sunshine pumpers. EP bashes everybody & everything. Both boards are loaded with morons."
Mojo
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Postby EagleFWB » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:06 pm

AA tore his ACL at WKU.

If any of this is true, then that's some pretty jacked up shit!
My milkshake brings all tha boys to the yard....
EagleFWB
VIP Eagle
VIP Eagle

Location: Second Bar stool to the right and straight on 'till morning.

PreviousNext

Return to EaglePost - Open